/competitions/suffolk-handicap-league-2There are currently three main competitions organised by the Suffolk Volleyball Association and it's clubs. Please see the links to the left for more details on each of these competitions and the Calendar for the dates of all the local and notable national events.
SVA Indoor Competitions
- Ron Ames Cup - The premier indoor competition for Suffolk's elite teams.
- Suffolk Handicap League - Aims to bridge the gap between the county's elite teams competing in the Ron Ames Cup and those competing at the top end of MaVIS.
- MaVIS - The series is held on Sundays at Northgate Sports Centre in Ipswich
- Indoor Four-a-sides - These aim to give players an opportunity to play in the smaller-side tournament, where they should get more touches of the ball. They also aim to give new players a first taste of tournament volleyball and to bring players from other clubs to each team's home venue.
SVA Outdoor Competitions
- Suffolk Open - The Suffolk Volleyball Association's annual outdoor tournament. It is usually held on a Sunday in mid-June at Chilton Fields in Stowmarket, the home of Stowmarket Rugby Club. With two divisions (one for National / Regional / top-level local league men's teams and the other for mixed and recreational teams), it is one of the biggest one-day tournaments in the coutry, attracting entrants from accross the Eastern Region and beyond.
- Suffolk Enter as a Player Beach Series - a 2v2 beach series to be played at the Copleston High School beach court in Ipswich. Players will enter individually and play with multiple partners at each event.
As well as the tournaments organised by the Suffolk Volleyball Association and it's clubs, teams from Suffolk compete in other competitions. Competitions include:
News and results
To be kept up-to-date with the latest news on Volleyball in Suffolk...